This is one of my favorite antique treasures from my personal collection - it's full of Edwardian and Victorian pieces, and I think the memento mori charm may be even older.
From left to right:
- Victorian penny -
- Goldstone heart charm -
- Momento Mori charm with hanwriting fragment
- Sorority charm with pearl inlay
- Gold-filled heart charm
- Neoclassical watch seal fob with carnelian stone
My daughter, Phoebe, almost five, really wanted to make her own so I turned her loose on the drawers and let her choose her own charms.
If you have some basic beading equipment, you can make your own!
- beading pliers,
- jump rings (5 or 6mm works great)
- A toggle clasp
- 6-8 inches of larger link chain (or cut an old costume necklace)
Here is Phoebe's finished bracelet - the artist is pleased!