Our larger crescent moon Victorian button necklace is cast in solid recycled bronze from one of our favorite antique buttons. The crescent moon, symbol of Goddess Artemis and personified by the Goddess Selene, driving her chariot across the night sky, illuminating the heavens with her glowing crown. Symbols of ancient mythology were fashionable in the 18th century in England after travelers brought back art and artifacts from the Continent and as far as the Middle East and Egypt on the Grand Tour. A way to wear a piece of ancient history or to just say "I love you to the moon and back."
Available in your choice of solid sterling silver, bronze or 14k yellow gold.
A perfect stand-alone statement piece or addition to your layering collection.
- pendant measures 7/8" wide
- Charm Colors: solid bronze, sterling silver, 14k yellow gold
- Feeling fancy? Add Three 1.2mm white or black diamonds to your sterling or 14k gold pendant
- Chain Material: Gold-filled, Antiqued Sterling silver chain - or solitaire (with jump ring to slide onto any chain)
- Made with love in California.
Please note that our 14k gold items are custom made for you. Please allow 4-6 weeks if order includes 14k gold or diamonds. Slow fashion takes time but believe us, it's worth it.